Thursday, March 26, 2015

Toddler Room - Sewing 2



I was busy helping another student sew a crooked line up a length of burlap when two other children came to me with the cardboard sewing cards I wrote about in my Sewing 1 post. As my hands were already filled, I thought that perhaps one student could hold a card while the other sewed it. I briefly put down the work I was currently engaged in assisting, reached across the table and showed the two  how to hold upright the card and, again, how to insert the lace in order to sew. I went back to helping my original student, but kept an eye on the others. I was truly amazed how quickly they were able to work as a team. They were very patient with each other. Too, they did finished the card, collaboratively. Pretty cool!

Her turn:




His turn:



Her turn:


His turn:



 “The child is capable of developing and giving us tangible proof of the possibility of a better humanity. He has shown us the true process of construction of the human being. We have seen children totally change as they acquire a love for things and as their sense of order, discipline, and self-control develops within them.... The child is both a hope and a promise for mankind.” (Maria Montessori - Education and Peace)


No comments: