Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Walking on the Line with Seniors




I have been carrying Sanford Jone's cd of walking on the line music in my tote for the past 3 months. Today I played the first song on the cd at The Bridge just as the seniors were getting up to do their indoor walk-about after lunch. Several commented on how beautiful the piano sounded.

I have this book called, "The Montessori Revolution in Education" by E.M. Standing.  I thought of that book when I played the cd and about Maria Montessori's first, initial years developing her educational theory. Today was the first step towards using Montessori movement lessons with seniors. I just had a flash thought of them doing the bell game. Imagining endless possibilities after a long night writing posts. Time for a glass of wine and time to seek stillness - mental and physical.

Om Shanti.

No comments: