Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reunited!!!!



Yesterday was graduation rehearsal. The kindergarten children tumbled into the classroom anxious to give me hugs and to hug each other. I had tears in my eyes as they gathered around me.

Later they shared laughter, stories of their recent adventures at home and pizza.



I was so worried that this day would never happen. It did and today is Graduation. It was decided to go ahead and have the ceremony as planned - YEAH!!!

Everyone dressed up for Graduation. Below is a picture of myself and Suzy.



It wasn't long before the kindergarten children were marching up onto the stage while waving the America flag.



Doesn't Meaghan, the young scientist, look so happy?



I am so grateful that I got the chance to say goodbye to most of my students. I had hoped to see my younger students at the all school picnic, but it was canceled due to rain. Wonderfully though, many stopped by the school after the ceremony to say farewell.

I has been an honor to be these children's teacher. They have taught me so much.

1 comment:

mrsmelva said...

Susan, I am so glad that you got to have your graduation and say goodbye to your students. That is such a bittersweet and important part of the school year. Closure is so important for both students and teachers.